Sunday, January 21, 2007

snowy day at dusk

We got snow today!! A good three inches of fluffy white beauty! It was followed by a brief period of freezing rain, so there is a crunchy crust on top of the snow. At dusk I went outside to take pictures. Every time I used the snow setting on the camera, the picture came out blurry. I wonder why? Maybe it was too dark out for it. The ones I took with the flash turned out the best, like this one.

5 Comments:

Blogger Dancingirl said...

OH! So many have snow pictures! I like the snow piled on the bird house!

January 21, 2007 at 8:51 PM  
Blogger LauraLiz said...

I love snow! (I have that luxury, not having to deal with it. :-))

I think the snow setting is to offset the effect of sunlight, so probably you are right that you didn't need it at night. This turned out very nice!

January 22, 2007 at 12:11 AM  
Blogger Colleen said...

I think it worked out okay with the flash; looks nice against the dark background. You and Julie both have photos that show birdhouses with snow. : )

January 22, 2007 at 1:44 AM  
Blogger Sandie said...

I just want one good snow :) I love the way the white and black stand out against each other. The house is cute too.

January 22, 2007 at 6:34 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

More birdhouses and snow. Love it.

January 23, 2007 at 9:47 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home