I couldn't decide on just one picture today. These are shots I took while driving along country roads this morning. Well, actually I was stopped when I snapped them. :) These were worth getting up for!
The sky was clear and beautiful with large bands of purple and pink this morning as the moon made its way down in the western sky.
A few minutes later (and farther up the road) the sun came up over the horizon and cast a golden-red light on the trees to the west.
5 Comments:
I really like the reddish orange of the trees against the pale blue in the lower photograph with the moon hovering just above the treeline. I like how the shot is divided in two by the treeline also.
Oh I love both of these! The colors in the first one are my favorite colors in all the palette. In the second, it looks very much like "home" to me and moonset is one of the most magical times of day!
Very pretty, Katrina. I can see that you're getting more comfortable with taking pictures. The photo of your niece ice skating was really good, too. I missed that "action shot" lesson; apparently I should try to move along with the subject...?
I love the coldness of the colors of the first shot and then the warmth of the second.
Thanks so much for your comments! I was excited to get some pretty shots (though, not quite as pretty as the real thing).
Dali - I sort of positioned it that way on purpose but wasn't really [i]thinking[/i] it that way. Not sure if that makes sense.
Tia - I love the colors, too!
Colleen - The more pictures I take the more comfortable I get with it. Yes, for action shots, you can follow along the movement of the subject. I think it was on Julie's blog a few days ago now.
Paula - Now that you mention it, I feel the cold and warmth in these, too. Although at the time I took them, I only felt COLD! LOL It was zero that morning. Thanks for verbalizing that for me.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home