Wednesday, January 31, 2007

one-on-one

I got the opportunity to spend some one-on-one time with my middle child this evening. After dropping the other four off for their activities, I took ds down the road to Krispy Kreme for a doughnut and hot chocolate. As you can see here, he was definitely enjoying the treat! I love it when I catch them with a natural smile. My kids are definitely getting less camera shy since I've been doing this 365 project.





Then we spent close to an hour in this book shop. It's in an historic church building, and wow, what a treasure trove! Here is ds perusing the sports section of the store. There was stack after stack, nook after nook, corner after corner, section after section in this store. It was so much more fun than B&N.




Just before we headed home, I snapped this shot of the moon behind a haze of clouds. I like it with the bare tree branches in the foreground. The sky was pitch black. I think this looks brownish because of the nearby street lights adding their yellow hue. How do you take a picture of the dark night sky without it turning out too dark?? (You might have to enlarge this one to see the tree.)



Not too bad for a day that started out with absolutely no photography ideas!

7 Comments:

Blogger SUSAN said...

Looks a great mother/son outing! Handsome young man. :-) The bookstore is to die for!

Susan

January 31, 2007 at 11:49 PM  
Blogger Sandie said...

Great shot of your son's smile! We have a couple used book stores like the one you wnet to and I go to them before the big chains whenever I can.

January 31, 2007 at 11:53 PM  
Blogger Colleen said...

Isn't it nice to be able to focus on just one child? A rarity for me right now, but I treasure it when it happens. I love his natural smile, too, like you said. Nice book shop; I can't remember the last time I went in a chain book store. The local, indy shops are more my style.

As for moon photos, I took one and it was like yours ~ too dark, and the moon too distant. I want to know how Sandy got such great shots of the moon tonight!

February 1, 2007 at 4:39 AM  
Blogger LauraLiz said...

I love the series of your outing!

I took moon shots last night too (gorgeous moon!) and mine look a lot like this. I think I've put it on my leftovers, but it was the wee hours so who knows? Off to look at Sandy's...

February 1, 2007 at 7:53 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love those times alone with one child. Great bookstore. I like how you got the stack of books in the foreground.

February 1, 2007 at 8:43 AM  
Blogger Katrina said...

Hey, Julie! That stack of books in the foreground was even intentional. Maybe I'll develop an eye for this after all! :)

February 1, 2007 at 11:33 AM  
Blogger Carol Ann Weaver said...

Good for you! I remember you sent me an email. I have to get to your question! Sorry it has taken so long.

February 1, 2007 at 2:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home