Winter Cemetery

There's just a dusting of snow on the ground this morning, so I was enticed outside to shoot pictures. This is my favorite. I took it using the "auto" setting, then took another using the "snow" setting. This one is a bit brighter, but I didn't think it was too bright & I liked the color better. There must not be enough snow to need that setting. It's fun to experiment and get results immediately. And I'm starting to learn what the various settings/options are on my camera.

8 Comments:
What is it about cemeteries? I love them. I traveled in Latvia several years ago, and spent a good part of a day in a snowy cemetery there.
I need to find my camera manual. Snow setting? Southern cameras probably don't have that. :-)
Nice picture. Conveys the stillness and coldness of the grave.
that sky is amazing, interesting contrast to a cemetary.
I like cemeteries, too. And I need to get familiar with my camera.
And I love the view out your window!
Good job! This is my favorite of yours so far. I opened it up big and it looks goregous!
I love cemetaries too. Is this one near your house? I love the dusting of the snow - so appropriate. It's a beautiful shot.
Wow, what's this you say about settings? What are those? :-)
Beautiful photo. Is that frozen blue water running through the center?
I love old cemetaries.
Susan
Everyone - thanks for your positive comments. I really like this one too.
Laura - it's usually the snow/sand option. Mine is a little picture of a mountain with snow on top. ("southern cameras" made me chuckle)
Nikki - right around the corner from my house (I walked there.)
Susan - That's the long shadow of another tree running through the middle. It does kinda look like ice.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home